“Where Rozanne rambles, Geranium Azure Rush ambles.”
Few thing compare to the rush you get from seeing gardens in full bloom! Are your customers looking for low maintenance, easy-to-grow geraniums to add gorgeous splashes of color to their gardens? In other words, are they looking for Azure Rush?
A sport of the world’s best-selling hardy perennial, Geranium Rozanne®, Azure Rush features a more compact mounding habit and shorter internodes. As a result, she is a neater and lower-growing plant, earning her the nickname “Rozanne’s smaller daughter.” Therefore, she also shares the hardiness, versatility and gorgeous blooms that have made Rozanne an industry star for over 20 years. In addition, she sports 2.5”, saucer-shaped, sky-blue flowers with intricate purple veining that bloom from late spring through late fall.
Azure Rush is a great choice for garden ground cover or in a patio planter, hanging basket or window box. Her gently fragrant flowers add enjoyment to any garden space. She even attracts bees and butterflies to the yard.
We’re always proud to see our flowers featured in the news. Recently, Azure Rush was featured in Fine Gardening Magazine writer Richard Hawke’s article featuring “10 Perennial Standouts.” She was praised for her long blooming period and exceptional quality garden performance. “Azure Rush embodies the greatest qualities of long-blooming Rozanne, but its lighter blue flowers with their ghostly eye are a charming distinction.” We couldn’t agree more!
This lovely geranium requires very little maintenance throughout the year. As a result, your customers have more time to spend enjoying her!
Are you looking for exciting, new ways to utilize Must Have Perennials in garden beds? Click here to see the Seasonal Kaleidoscope of Color garden design featuring Azure Rush!
- Typically plant 1 liner per 1-gallon (4 liter) pot.
- Vernalization is not required for flowering.
- Media pH: 5.5 to 6.5
- Media EC: 1.5 to 3 mmhos/cm
- Watch for shore fly, fungus gnats, bacterial leaf spots.
See Azure Rush Grower Technical Guide for more information.
Geranium Azure Rush Uses & Attributes
Front border, Groundcover, Containers, Hanging basket, Long, blooming, Fragrant foliage.
In the garden
- Like ‘Rozanne’, has a long blooming period from late May until frost.
- Vigorous growing plants have a compact, self-branching habit.
- Plant in March and April for finished flowering plants in 9 to 11 weeks.
- Prefers average well-drained garden soils. Moist organic soils will promote spread.
- Attracts butterflies, bees, and hummingbirds. Tolerates rabbits and deer.
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Thrives in sun or part shade.
- Height: 12” to 18”
- Spread: 24” to 30”
Want to learn more about Geranium Azure Rush? Read more about her at the Rozanne and Friends website.